Origin of your username/in game name?

Cephalobro

The reason for my Squidboards username is that I always played as the male characters in the Splatoon series. Yes even from the beginning when Inklings were the only playable characters available.

The reason for my current in-game nickname being Coral is because that's literally the name of my main male Octoling OC.

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
Isaac4 is just what I came up with when I started playing SSBU competitively. My reason for choosing "Isaac" is obvious but the number 4 does have a more interesting origin.

There was this group inside the marching band years ago and I was a part of it, not willingly but I accepted it. We all got assigned a number and mine was 4 (this is a very simplified explanation of everything).
There might also be more reasons that I don't remember but I do know that I was always a big fan of Raimi's Spider-Man and wished that they had finished Spider-Man 4 so I'm sure that played a factor lol.

neonscreenlight

Pro Squid
it turns out a lot of my naming history has just come from me making random sounds until something sounds good. i'm one of them unrestricted internet access kids so i have a very long history of usernames but i'll just skip to the point where "neon" was actually involved

my first iteration of this was "neonriver". i chose to have neon initially because i was really into vaporwave at the time, and river was a name i went by in real life around my friends
then one day i decided to change my nickname on my switch for, as far as i remember, literally no reason (i guess i was bored????) and i did the old "making random sounds trick and decided "paintedneon" sounded nice! except that was one more than the 10 character limit, so i removed the e in painted to create "paintdneon". that name actually ended up sticking the longest, but there were a few problems with it, like people calling me "paint" even though i preferred neon, people not realizing paintd was misspelled, or on the opposite end, people thinking my name was pronounced "paint d neon"
so i eventually ended up changing it to just neonlights, which is what i'm still called in a few places. the screen part is really just tacked on because of my interest in tech (and also because "neonscreenlight" is much more likely to not be taken on a social media website than just "neonlights"

sevenleaf

Pro Squid
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
oh boy

so for a while i didn't have one default username to fall back on. i had one from when i was a kid that i used on webkinz way back in 2006ish, then on neopets, then on scratch. but when i got older i didn't like that one as much anymore, and for a while when my primary social media experience was tumblr with a side of twitter i was more the "rapidly changing my url/username to whatever felt new and fresh, vaguely trying to get a 'good'/canon username but if i don't it's whatever" type

pretty soon after i picked the name 'clover' though i decided i wanted something more permanent. something i could make my brand. ... ... ... this was mostly because at the time i had big ambitions of making sims 2 machinimas and becoming an internet sensation for it but we'll not dwell on that

so the first iteration was "sevenleafclover" because at age 14 that felt VERY clever. it was like, yeah four-leaf clovers are lucky, but seven is a lucky number in itself, so a SEVEN-leaf clover would be EXTRA lucky. yeah. i'm a genius. nobody's doing it like me. (this is in fact something several people were doing like me, since i couldn't get the username on several sites)

over the years though i decided that that whole thing was too long and clunky, so i ended up shortening the username to just 'sevenleaf'. and here we are

hamnerheads

Inkling
Pronouns
any
Switch Friend Code
SW-3888-0874-7382
when i was 12 i was trying to make an account for something and couldn't think of a good name so i put in the first thing i could think of: hammerhead sharks. the character limit was ten so i could only put hammerheads and then i misspelt it lol

Grekly

Full Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
For my in game and discord name Mr.Jay it’s pretty simple. Back then in the smash 4 days I loved Mr game and watch because he looked so goofy. (I don’t play smash anymore) so in game I named myself after him Mr. Jay and game. (Shortened to Mr. J&G) Jay is the first 3 letters in my name and game because I love video game. My regular username outside of smash was JDC though and my user was JDC for the longest time until at the end of Splatoon 2 I wanted to change it and I remembered my smash 4 tag I had back then. I didn’t want to keep the & game at the end so I cut it and now here we are with Mr.Jay

every other site I just make random noises until I get something that sound like a username for example this site with Grekly

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
My IGN's GreenTea for those who don't know, and I got that around 2017 I believe? Before I just used my actual name but then I literally joined a private battle squid party in s2 where everyone (4 people or something) was called "WUTRichTea" (if anyone here remembers WUT you're a real one) with the same outfit. So I thought that was funny and changed into that too, but then I just kept the name after that, and after a month or so I wanted to not be an impersonator anymore so I picked GreenTea.

Every other RichTea changed their ign except for one, and I still play with her every now and then, but I still haven't found a way to contact her rip.

And recently I've been meaning to change my ign since GreenTea isn't that memorable and it's kind of awkward in conversation so I picked Grushi. It's a spin on my name and I like it I think it sounds nice. I'll probably change my ign into Grushi sooner or later

Catloafman

Pro Squid
Pronouns
Fella
I might as well give my own as well

I used to just use my real name (Landon) for all of my username needs
Then I started going by Logically since I really REALLY like mathmatics and thought the name was fitting I even made a Youtube channel back in the day called Logically (dont search it up it was really tiny and bad) about maths

Then fast forward to 2018 I think the latest thing I was into was Mega man and I found this really cool fan game Mega man maker which was like Super mario maker but for mega man
so I downloaded it hooked up a email then it asked for a username and I wanted a Mega man-style name
a.k.a. SomethingMan
and I landed on Catloaf because I also recently learned what a catloaf is (look it up you wont regret it)
And it has stayed ever since

Masked_Katz

Gnarly Eddy's Boyfriend
Switch Friend Code
SW-3907-3792-4200
in 2nd grade I basically made my first oc by turning my Toontown Online character into a ninja comic character, inspired by a book series I liked around that time called Captain Underpants. He became my logo as I got into the online scene; I never stopped drawing him and my dream has been to write something - whether it be a graphic novel or some sort of game - with him and his friends as the focus.

TL;DR my name is the fursona I created 15 years ago
(www.maskedkatz.com hehe)

☆Oblivion☆

Senior Squid
Pronouns
She/Her
NNID
Oblivion_spl
Switch Friend Code
SW-8277-3410-3718
As well as splatoon I have a huge love for Rollercoasters and early on last year I came across someone named The Smiler in a game and it made me want to change my name, as what it previously was felt childish, it took me a while but I went about what coaster sounded the coolest to have as a name and stuck with Oblivion.

TOD13

Senior Squid
Pronouns
he/him
"TOD" is short for Tons Of Ducks, which is my username on some other websites. i don't know why i put "13" on the end of it but here we are.
anyway, after i figured out i was trans, i decided to change my name to Todd. which means my username inspired my real name, and not the other way around.

ikebro

Senior Squid
Pronouns
any/pronouns
i'm gonna be honest, i genuinely do not remember where "ikebro" came from. i made it so long ago, and i never used it anywhere outside of this forum lmfao (my name ain't even ike...,,.....)
what i DO remember is the fact that it's supposed to be pronounced similar to ikebukuro, just without the ku. so not ike bro, but ee-keh-bro. i have no idea why.
i change my in-game name all the time, but right now it's 12oz.squid, a lazy reference to 12. oz mouse :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom