• Super Smash Bros Ultimate
  • LoZ Breath of the Wild
  • Luigi's Mansion
  • Sonic Mania
  • Paper Mario TTYD
  • Celeste
  • LoZ Link's Awakening DX
  • Wario Land 3
You can definitely tell I grew up almost exclusively playing Nintendo games (I did have other options but I didn't enjoy them as much).

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
In order:
Splatoon 3 (duh)
Mario kart Wii
Smash Ultimate
Splatoon 1
Wii Sports Resort / Wii Play Motion
BOTW (I'll get totk eventually. probably.)
Wii Fit, Party, etc.
MK8/DX

sevenleaf

Pro Squid
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
probably my favorite game ever besides splatoon (tbh, probably including splatoon) is caves of qud. i won't go full propaganda mode but you can pet this cat:

some of my other favorites are:
  • the pokemon ranger series (though i haven't fully played the first one yet, only almia and guardian signs; in general i've always been more into pokemon spinoffs than the mainline games, lol)
  • animal crossing new leaf (NH is/was cool but new leaf just hit different)
  • yume nikki & assorted fangames i could get running when i was in middle school (which was mostly just .flow and some western fangames. for some reason i couldn't get a lot of the well-known jp fangames to run?)
  • ib (this one actually kinda kickstarted my interest in rpg maker games, i played it before i played yume nikki)
  • the sims medieval (it's good i swear.)
  • FTL: faster than light (also has probably one of my favorite soundtracks ever)

Catloafman

Pro Squid
Pronouns
Fella
I give mine with some reasons

Minecraft - I have played this game for almost longer then I can remember
Stardew valley - This game isn't for everyone but it CERTAINALLY is for me
Mega man X - Has some dumb parts (blaster upgrade jump) but this game is easily my favorite platformer
Super Mario odyssey - Easily the best movement in any 3d game I have played I will never understand odyssey haters

Special mentions to
Wii sports Resort - For being the first game I ever played and cause the 100 pin bowling is fantastic
Pikmin 3 deluxe - I hated this game at first (when I was a stupid kid) but MAN is this game good
Mega man maker - Mario maker but its a mega man fan game and also way better

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
I loved playing Game&Watch Gallery 2 as a kid. I spent so many hours trying to get a higher score, but I would purposely lose if I was going on for too long and got tired of playing.
I never got to try out the other games in the series though but I'm sure they were good too.

nineball

Pro Squid
Pronouns
he/him
in no particular order
  • Rimworld
  • Dwarf Fortress
  • Dark Souls series
  • Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
  • Elden Ring
  • Lies of P
  • Armored Core IV: Fires of Rubicon
  • ULTRAKILL
  • Your Only Move Is HUSTLE
  • Helldivers 2
if you couldn't tell, my favorite genre of game is "slam yourself into brick wall and then move on to the next brick wall" lol
caves of qud. i won't go full propaganda mode but you can pet this cat:
wow cute cat i'll gladly pet them! *pat pat*
...why am i glowing?

rosylina

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
She/They
Switch Friend Code
SW-8188-5007-1224
- Xenoblade 2, one of my first switch games and the introduction to one of my favorite video game series.
- Terraria, a game I've played for a long long time and something comfortable that I can always come back to.
- Zelda: Majora's Mask, a game that gets me so emotional and invested in so many ways that I can't help but adore it.
- Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow, which is just so crisp and fun to play that every time I pick it up, I have to play it through at least two or three times.
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps, it's just so pretty, I love the music, the movement is so fluid, and Ori is so GOSH DANG FRIGGIN CUTE.
- Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, because it's so goofy and homey, and it's combat is simple yet satisfying.
- Super Mario Galaxy, which is my most cherished Wii game, something that gets me so nostalgic, and the game itself is beautiful in a classically simple Mario way.
- Celeste, because it's awesome, challenging in the most approachable way for me, and the character moments are just so... yeah...
- Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, one of my first forays into the Zelda franchise, and similar to Aria, it's just so fun to play that it's addicting, I have to play it multiple times. Also Great Spin is fun to do.
- Wii Sports Resort, because it's Wii Sports Resort and it's peak.

Hokuto

Senior Squid
Pronouns
they/he/ze
Switch Friend Code
SW-5561-7608-9695
General GOAT list:
  • Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors (permanently changed my approach to storytelling)
  • Pokémon series (I am autistic. Do I need to say more?)
  • Persona 4 Golden (currently sitting on Persona 5 Royal)
  • Does Blaseball count?
  • Bloons TD 6 (I was a Cool Math Games kid)
  • Butterfly Soup (a visual novel, but it has so much heart I couldn't not include it)
Once upon a time:
  • Cookie Run: OvenBreak, before the dev team started making bad decisions
  • I loved the exploration aspect of Fallout 4 and hated the combat
  • Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Ignatz Victor was my first anime spouse and I'm not ashamed to say it to strangers)
  • Kirby Super Star Ultra (I have never played any other Kirby game past the demo)
  • Super Mario Galaxy as P2, since P1 stressed me out too much
  • Super Smash Bros. Melee and Brawl in high school (I did not have a Wii U)
Niche faves:
  • Rhythm Heaven (I only played Megamix)
  • Pocket Card Jockey (the remaster isn't quite doing it for me, sadly)
  • A Short Hike knew exactly what it wanted to be, then served
  • Before Your Eyes (extremely difficult to discuss without spoilers)
  • MySims Party for the Nintendo DS :/
  • Wide Ocean Big Jacket (like curling up with a nice movie)
  • Moonlight (2016) (not to be confused with the movie with the same title released in the same year)

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
I have a list of series I like to call "The Big 4" where if literally anything related to these gets announced I am probably screaming, crying, throwing up, or passing out, possibly all at the same time
  • Splatoon (do I need to explain)
  • Xenoblade: I LOVE Xenoblade so much, I think it's incredible, these games are just, my perfect happy place. @rosylina fellow Xenoblade fan, things are really heating up 🤝
  • Bayonetta: Pure camp, I love the character, the games are super fun
  • Metroid: I love metroidvanias, what more is there to say
Honorable mentions:
  • Hades: Like possibly the best game ever? Loved every second of it, I like Transistor too
  • Devil May Cry: I love it too, but I only played 1 and 3 (3 RULES though) and I'd probably be screaming about it too if I could play 5
  • Resident Evil: I'm not super into horror games, but I really like RE, I always watch them on streams when they come out
  • Hollow Knight: Used to be really into it a while back, loved it, but I kind of forgot about it lol. So I'm just waiting for silksong
  • Zero Escape/ AI: The Somnium Files: I just love weird japanese mystery science fiction visual novels, and it's hilarious that that's a genre
  • Mario Galaxy: My nostalgia, pure and simple
  • Shin Megami Tensei/ Persona: Only played IV, watched 5, these games are cool
  • Final Fantasy: Haven't played many of them but they're kind of comfort food rpgs to me

Norilla

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-1594-5651-4610
My all time favorite would be Shin Megami Tensei IV.

I also really like Pikmin 1, Persona 1, Sora, Rune Factory 3/4, and Crystal Chronicles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom